Our Current Vacancies
General Manager – Lowestoft NR32
SlimDril International has been a leading Guidance Service and Tooling supplier in the Horizontal Directional Drilling Industry for over 30 years.
We are looking for an inspirational leader who will bring energy, vision and strong management experience to this vital role. (Minimum 3 years in similar position). Must show proven experience working in a broad Operations / Management role in a related industry, within a fast paced changing environment. The main purpose of the role will be understanding the business needs and goals, leading the team to success, delivering consistent operational excellence in line with Health & Safety standards, meeting customer expectations and making strategic decisions to help achieve business growth.
Duties of the role:
· To assist with meeting/exceeding EBITDA each financial year
· To develop action plans to address areas where service is below standards and needs improvement
· To develop SLAs with customers which are appropriate to service provided
· To develop a robust overall Operations analysis including KPI reporting
· To build strong relationships with customers such that commercial and operational matters are handled efficiently
· Coordination of Engineers, forward thinking with training, holiday cover etc
· Gain leads into new companies / industries to pursue business growth
· Monitor and control all legal and statutory requirements in line with industry HSE and also HMRC/other bodies.
· To act as direct line manager for all staff.
· Managing Cross hires and hire fleet purchases
· To work towards achieving ISO 9001 status by implementing new processes
· To work closely with Engineers, Warehouse, Sales and Accounts team.
· To negotiate deals with suppliers and transport companies ensuring sufficient margin is achieved with every order
· To follow incident reporting protocol and deliver lessons learned overview
· To continuously work in line with 5 year Business model to achieve target revenues and goals.
· Assist with enquiries out of hours where required
To be a success in this role you must:
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong commercial awareness
· Natural leadership skills
· Strategic thinker
· Ability to implement change and drive business forward
· Confident to take ownership of all operational matters
· Ability to build rapport and long lasting relationships with customers
· Overall performance management, KPIs, Business objectives
· Experience in delivering improved productivity and financial performance
· Aptitude for decision making and problem solving
· Passionate and proactive
· Natural sales acumen, strong negotiator
· Experience of managing customer expectations including dissatisfaction.
To apply for the position with your CV or find out more information, contact the hiring manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org .
SlimDril continually search for field engineers for the Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) industry, we are looking for experienced positions. We have projects worldwide, the role allows you to be based from your home with a good access to an international airport. Your role will involve working alone on a client’s jobsite and running the latest guidance technologies to complete the pilot hole stage of HDD projects.
The role will be mostly field site based, The successful applicant must have a demonstrated track record of success and must demonstrate a high level of professional integrity. An engineering degree is preferred but not essential.
Please get in contact if you are interested in this challenge.